Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm back

Well i've finally fought my way out from under the piles of notes, textbooks and study material i've been hiding under for the last 2 months or so! Wrote my last exam for the year this morning... if the results go my way, i'm now half way! :) So, let life begin again...

It seems i have quite a bit of catching up to do, i'm a bad person for leaving it this long... a few trips i've taken, a special visit and general goings on in my life at home are all to come!

Ok, to catch up on the general stuff! I've now been back in good old durbs for 4 months now... wow, time does really fly! It hasn't been the easiest 4 months of my life, lots of adjusting and sole searching has been done and a fair few tears have been shed! Anyhoo, i'm living in an awesome flat with a very good friend of mine... thanks Budg for putting up with me for this long, so from that point of view i'm pretty settled! After job hunting for about 2 months and coming up with nothing that would pay me enough or allow me enough time to get my studying done i finally gave in and got a job at Billy the B.U.M.S ... any of you that live in Durban, i expect a visit! So i'm pretty much back to my student life... study all day and work at night and somewhere in the middle i try get some sleep and see my friends! Now that exams are over i have a little more time to do stuff!

I'd forgotten how much rain we get at this time of the year... the sun has finally come out after 4 straight days of downpours and flooding all over the place. Apparently we had over 80mm of rain in 6 hours yesterday... i'm sure the ducks were delighted! :)



That's enough info for one post... more to come very soon, but just to give you a little taster, i'll leave you with this photo! :)


Oh and one more thing... i'll be adding a few new features, mostly interesting news tidbits and articles about travel and tourism... since it is my 'thing' and line of study and anything i find funny and entertaining so brace yourself! :) there are way to many 'ands' in that sentence!

Here's the first... SA attracted 2.7mil tourists between January and April this year (reflecting a 16% increase from the same period last year), not bad at all! :)

No comments: