Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Stampede and a Wiggly Party

On Wednesday night was my au pair friend, Noelia's farewell... so i decided to venture out on a weekday night (my, the times have changed). Myself and a whole group of au pairs line danced the night and early morning away at Stampede... take a guess at the genre of this bar?? It was ladies night, the best invention ever... free entrance and free drinks til 12, what more can a girl ask for? I was expecting to get in there and be surrounded by old people, doing their line dancing and the such, but not to be... there was a wide varity of peeps, i even bumped into a gangsta cowboy... he had the hat (just a smaller version), the boots and the belt buckle and of course, what you see on every cowboy... the bling bling! It was a most enjoyable evening, but a little sad, because the only friend i really made here has now left!

The rest of the week was business as usual, working and studying hard, but come the weekend and the boy's 3rd birthday party with a Wiggles theme... the Wiggles drive me crazy!!!! Anyhoo, it was a pretty hectic day with loads of toddlers running around, high on gummy bears, cake and ice-cream. My main job before the party was to collect the balloons... 3 dozen of them! Me and my car nearly did a Mary Poppins... up, up and away! It was good to have some adult company tho, and everyone was asking me about my pending return home. It was great to talk about it... made it more real (41 days til i'm unemployed... woohoo)!

Well my first exam is coming up on Wednesday, Economics... not my favourite of the lot, but i'm relieved the exams are finally here because it's been dragging lately! I also have a 2nd round playoff game to go to next week (Avs vs The Mighty Ducks), so stay tuned for the results of both exam and hockey game!

PS still trying to work out how to add captions to pics... i'll get it together one of these days!
Song of the day: Music is Power by Richard Ashcroft

No comments: